Reduce Your Energy Usage
Saving electricity and natural gas can be a huge benefit for both you and the world. It helps lower your energy bills and the impact you have on the environment.
See below for easy to do energy tips to start saving:
Electricity and Natural Gas Savings Tips
- Unplug or turn off unused appliances: Items such as televisions, laptops and phones are still using energy even if you are not using them. Be sure to unplug or turn off these items when they are not in use and start saving on your electric bill.
- Tightly close windows and doors: Make sure heat is not escaping through spaces around your window and doors.
- Use the sun to your advantage: During the winter let sunlight come in through your windows. This will help heat your house naturally.
- Turn off lights: When you are not at home or leave a room be sure to turn off the lights. It’s a simple tip but it can help you save.
- Limit opening outside doors: The more you go in and out of your home, the more your cooling and heating systems have to work. Limit your trips and save energy in the process.
- Clean your fridge: When your are cleaning your house, dust the coils behind your fridge.
- Unblock air vents: Move furniture or other items so they are not blocking your home’s air vents.
- Choose energy efficient appliances: These appliances use less energy and are also good for the environment.
- Clean or replace your filter: Having a dirty air conditioning filter will make your system work harder to keep your house cool. Keep the filter clean and lower your energy usage.
- Air dry clothing: If you have the time, let your clothes dry on a laundry rack or clothesline instead of using a dryer.